Thing to Know About Lincoln Elementary
We are a Personalized Learning Campus. Personalized Learning (PL) aims to develop the whole child and empower them to take ownership of their learning by providing them with multiple pathways to demonstrate mastery learning in order to be successful and productive 21st century citizens in an ever-changing world. Check out this video for "7 Things That Happen When Students Own Their Learning".
More About Lincoln Elementary:
- School Enrollment: 370 (K-5)
- Year Established: 1958
- School Colors: Blue & Gold
- Mascot: Lion
- Motto: Where Greatness Begins
- Mission Statement: Lincoln School is dedicated to creating a community of learners that realizes the potential of each child in a safe and caring environment
- Defining Statement: Here at Lincoln Elementary, we are willing to be pushed beyond the edge of our comfort levels and take risks, because we know that is precisely where innovation occurs and growth happens. With strength, vision, and determination we will change the educational paradigm. We are committed to being the place ‘Where Greatness Begins!’
- The school is made up of approximately 370 students in Early Childhood through 5th grade. Of these 370 students 72% are White, 18% Hispanic, 7% Black, 2% Asian, and 1% Native American.
- Our students with disabilities (14%), include a special education early childhood program (EC), learning disabilities (LD), emotional/behavioral disabilities (EBD), intellectual disabilities (ID) and pupils who receive speech and language (SL) services.
- We have been able to continue the strong academic history that Lincoln has seen and including an increase in student achievement despite a high number of families from low socioeconomic status, by providing our children with an academic challenging and safe learning environment for them to thrive and grow.